Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bunco Night

I stress sometimes about making sure everything is just right. I knew today was going to be an especially busy day. I'm starting a 9 day work "week" today. I start day 1 (of 5) of a new hire training run. The girls were getting ready and walking themselves to school for the first time. And to top it off tonight was my turn to host bunco. So as I was tossing and turning in bed this morning there was no end to the things that I could worry about. Would the girls be alright? Do I have a sore throat and no days off to recover for awhile? Should I have tried to get a hold of more subs for bunco? On and on and on it went. But figuring that there was little I could do at this point about most of it I got up and started my day. I was doing alright until it was time to get my work stuff together and I realized that my work id was in the van... with John at his work... oh ... no!!! There was nothing to do but go to work and plead my case. I was able to get a new id and get clocked in on time but it was not the start of the day I was hoping for. Training went well. We had 3 trainees; 2 trainers and 2 trainer-trainees. We were quite the entourage walking around the Esplanade today. The girls did just fine getting themselves off to school. Sierra was left inside the house for an extended part of the day which led to its own mess but that was taken care of by the time I got home. Claire had a good play date with Robby after school. I still had bunco and was still worried that we wouldn't have enough people to play. Turns out we didn't have enough but everyone was perfectly content to sit around the table and talk drink and eat. I should know better than to stress and let myself sleep but that's just now how I am. It wound up being a pretty good day all in all.

No comments: