Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Owie!

Claire got her first bee sting today. I got a call around lunch time from the school health aide saying she had Claire in the office with her. The story I got later from Claire was that she and some friends were playing with what they thought was a dead bee. When it was Claire's turn to hold it it miraculously sprang back to life just long enough to sting Claire on the thumb. She was brave and found her sister (love that) to walk with her to the office (apparently you cannot show up alone). She got to sit in the health office for awhile with ice on it until everyone was sure she wasn't going to have a reaction. By the time she got home there was absolutely no sign that anything had happened. Almost as important in Claire's eyes was the fact that while she was sitting in the office with nothing to do she finally figured out how to snap her fingers. All in all a pretty good day as far as Claire was concerned.

In an unrelated story... I got up at a completely unreasonable time this morning to be among the first in line to pick up tickets for a cast member preview of the new World of Color show at California Adventure. The still pictures we've seen of the show make it look absolutely spectacular. I wanted to be early because most of the shows are late at night. The earliest one is at 9:00. Since the girls are coming to see it with me on a school night I wanted to make sure they wouldn't be out even later. I cannot wait to see this show and I'm even more excited to see it with my Disney and actual families!

No comments: